How To Synchronize Lightroom CC With Lightroom Classic CC
Lightroom Classic CC has been released years ago and has been used by photographers ever since Adobe brought its first version to the public. Lightroom CC on the other hand, is their newer version that came out just recently. In this article I will go over how to synchronize Lightroom CC with Lightroom Classic CC.
Here Are Some Key Differences Between The Two Versions:
1. Lightroom CC is the simpler version and is basically made for users, who wish to use only a limited amount of functions of Lightroom to edit their pictures. The user interface is more organised and less detailed. Lightroom Classic CC in comparison, has a more comprehensive interface with additional features.
2. Lightroom CC saves the original files of your edits on a cloud, which grants you access from anywhere. Lightroom Classic on the other hand, is saving them on your local hard drive only.
3. Lighroom CC is using an automatic file backup
4. Lightroom CC is available on desktop, mobile and web, whereas the Classic version is only available on desktop (laptops and computers).
Which Lightroom sould I use?
To answer this question, simply assess your photography and editing skills and choose one of the two versions:
Lightroom CC – mainly for amateur photographers or for quick editing Lightroom Classic CC – made for professional photographers and for in depth editing
If you find yourself in the situation, where you have been using one of the two versions and would like to switch to the other and synchronize your catalog, follow these simply instructions.
How to Synchronize Lightroom CC with Lightroom Classic CC - An easy step by step guide
Step 1: Open lightroom on your desktop
Step 2: Navigate to the top left corner, click on the log in and log into your Lightroom account
Step 3: Click on your name
Step 4: Click on start
Step 5: Make sure it says „Sync is on.“ In this case it will simply start synchronizing both versions.
Now your Lightroom catalogs from Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC will be synchronized and your pictures will appear in your Lightroom Classic CC application. This synchronization is also going to synchronize pictures you have on your mobile phone and any other device’s Lightroom application using the same account.
Step 6: Your pictures will appear now in your Library. To view all your pictures and make sure that all of them got synchronized, simply navigate to the bottom of your Lightroom application and click on All photographs.
You can perform the steps found before also on your Lightroom CC version and synchronize your older edits found on Lightroom Classic.
In case some of your pictures are missing or your synchronization did not succeed as expected, make sure the following criteria has been met before synchronizing:
1. You are using the same account on all your Lightroom applications
2. You have enough room in Lightroom’s cloud to synchronize your pictures by using the internet. The lightroom cloud is limited to 200GB with the monthly Adobe Package. If the threshold has been met, you must delete some of your pictures in order to create space or extend your cloud storage capacity
3. Your synchronization has not been interrupted by an insufficient internet connection
4. Your subscription is still active
For a guide on How To Install Presets to Lightroom Desktop in 2019 check the video down here👇